Tuesday, October 9, 2007

meh

frustration!

it comes with the territory because there are some major technical fundamentals being adjusted but my intonation and pitch sense when singing is totally off kilter, and I just feel like a complete dumbass wasting people's time when pitch is brought to my attention again and again.

obviously just pounding my way through it isn't working, so it's time for a different tack. teacher suggested I use my violin to heighten pitch sensitivity. I remember having to do this before (as a violinist and unlearning crappy well-tempered tuning), so maybe it'll help. I'm not entirely sure because the problem isn't that I can't hear these pitch differences - I can. I'm just unsure of how to deal with the fact that the pitch that I hear in my head when I'm singing is not the pitch that other people hear across the room.

GAH.

No comments: