Friday, May 18, 2007

delay the substance!

the previous post about flash animation (or just animation in general) reminded me a half-finished animation project I did for a class in college. at some point I need to finish it up. if you're curious, you can watch its very rough version here.

it probably is no surprise that I'm a little bit into bleach, the anime. episode 121 is one of my more favorite ones, particularly the (new!) opening sequence. one of the hardest thing to animate is a sense of scale, both intimate and grand. to make something look heavy or feel soft is mark of amazing animation -- the fact that it bypasses rationalization. That's how I feel about the hand holding that begins at 30 seconds.

beautiful.



edit it seems that a lot of these things go on youtube fairly quickly. I've been very pleased with veoh for my anime needs :P


No comments: