Working list of programs of interest with notes.
- Eastman -- strong theory program, musicology students can enroll in studio lessons as part of normal course of study (!!), great music library, good early music resources. Lots of the faculty have interests and work in women's studies and/or vocal music. Nobody seems to work on Russia but there are faculty who work on Southeast Asia and India. More research needed on funding.
- Princeton -- Simon Morrison, full-funding, competitive program, small faculty (Kofi Agawu, also).
- Yale -- funding, Ellen Rosand, work on vocal music, Cavalli. No Russians.
- NYU -- Funding! (surprise!), Beckerman - who works on Czech music (!), early music including Caccini,
- Berkeley -- Richard Taruskin, California!, California :(, state school hi :)
Work in progress